Reel Crown Review
Proving that a fruit machine slot doesn’t have to rely on basic mechanics, iSoftBet has included some fun bonus features with this game. Not only are there modifiers during the base game but there are more to watch out for during the respin bonus feature too.
Reel Crown is based around a classic slot theme, and that’s apparent the moment you load up the reels. All the usual fruits are assembled on the reels, including lemons, oranges and grapes, joined by bells, red 7s and the crown Scatters that feature in the game’s title. There’s nothing we haven’t seen before, but that’s what we’d expect from this type of slot.
It’s the gameplay that makes Reel Crown stand out from other, similar games. And it starts during the base game, with the chance of Mini Slot Modifiers landing with any spin. Pick one of the mini-slots to reveal your modifier:
- Win Spin: Mystery symbols added to the reels reveal the same paytable symbol, other than the Scatter, for a guaranteed win.
- Bonus Add: Extra Scatters are added to the reels, although this won’t necessarily trigger the Hold & Win feature.
- Wild Reels: Between 2 – 5 Wild Reels are added to the grid, increasing your chances of achieving a win.
But it’s the Hold & Win bonus feature that holds the biggest winning potential. To activate it, you’ll need to land at least 5 crown Scatters on the reels, which takes you to a new game grid.
Throughout the bonus, only crown Scatters and Jewel Boosters feature on the reels. Three respins are awarded, with the number resetting to 3 when new Scatters or jewels land. Scatters remain in place with their total cash value paid at the end of the feature. Jewels are collected above the reels, with every 3 matching jewels awarding the following:
- Blue jewels – add up to 3 extra rows to the grid.
- Green jewels – increase the prize value of all Scatters in view.
- Red jewels – add an extra respin to the total.
- Purple jewels – increase the win multiplier.
The RTP of 95.5% is a little on the low side, and this is a medium to high-volatility slot, so good bankroll management is required. There are some decent wins to be had during base gameplay, particularly when the Mystery Symbols lead to a guaranteed prize. But it’s during the bonus feature that the biggest cash prizes are to be found.
Although we’re not the biggest fruit machine fans, we found Reel Crown to be highly entertaining. The base game modifiers and jewel collection feature during the Hold & Win bonus add extra fun and excitement to the game – not to mention the possibility of some big cash payouts.
Even if fruit-themed slots aren’t usually your thing, Reel Crown could be the game to make you change your mind!